The ramblings of an absent-minded doctoral student

The ramblings of an absent-minded doctoral student. Chronicling my life as I earn a PhD in history.

Monday, July 11, 2011

A good, good life

Sometimes I wonder what exactly I'm doing with my life. Like, I have things that I KNOW I want to do, like start a family and finish my PhD. But there are other things that I'm not sure I still want to do. Is teaching as fulfilling as it used to be? Is this what I want to do? Am I cut out for this? Will I finish my degree? Again, the same questions I've been mulling over for the last few months. But I've been doing fairly well in French class and I hope German class goes just as well in the Fall. Also I now have my generals lists completed for my two minor fields, so now I just need to nail down my major field.I think if I can just sit down and focus, then I'll be prepared for generals in Spring. I'm just worried that I don't know enough about the fields and the historiographical debates in order to fully answer a generals question. But I'm sure everyone feels that way. I guess we'll see how things go...

1 comment: